• August 25Please be sure to frequently check your email for important announcements!

An Imagination Playground for Trinity

Imagine a schoolyard playground that is not only completely mobile, but is comprised of gigantic, soft blocks and shapes that allow students to create and build whatever they can dream up. That’s the idea behind the Imagination Playground and their ‘Big Blue Blocks’.

Thanks to generous donations from our families and community to the Annual Giving Fund, Trinity is currently having a custom set of Big Blue Blocks created, which should be delivered to our school around mid-October.

Our very own Imagination Playground will be an interactive setting for use across multiple grade levels, from Early Childhood to 8th Grade, as well as across multiple subject areas. Our Founder/CEO/Principal, Dr. Madeline O’Dea, explained that,“this playground will serve to further our mission here at Trinity, in engaging and extending the learning experience beyond the classroom. Imagine our younger students building their creativity, as well as their strength, while building objects during PE. Or think about how enjoyable it would be for a middle-schooler to learn about physics by creating any variety of designs and testing them out within a playground setting, all while working together!”

Designed by award-winning architect David Rockwell after watching his own children at play, the Imagination Playground gives children the ability to unlock their individual creativity, instead of simply providing them with a pre-made, unmovable, and unchangeable object. Since there is no set way to play or interact with the blocks and objects, it is completely up to the students to decide how they are used and what they can create. These concepts of creativity, exploration, and open-endedness fit perfectly into the way we teach our students here at Trinity.

We are incredibly excited to be acquiring such a unique, enriching asset to our campus and truly believe it will help all of our students tap into their creative sides, while also adding depth to lessons across curriculums. Ms. Jen Cisneros, K-8 Assistant Principal,  says that “with all of the various ways this can be tied into STEM learning, our community should start to watch for all of the future architects and engineers growing here at Trinity!” Be sure to visit the official site of Imagination Playground at www.imaginationplayground.com, and check back in the near future for an update once the blocks arrive on campus!